Sunday, October 21, 2007

All That I Forgot To Blog About Part 1 - Sunday Day 1

Since there was such a disproportionate time period between the fury of blog posts on Sunday October 14th and the quick update later in the week, I figured that now since I am back to balmy Baltimore I could give a more thorough review and breakdown of the events that occurred during our stay at the Westin Hotel in Las Vegas.

SUNDAY (October 14th 2007)

Ron Paul Rally - Seattle - 2007-09-14

(Ron Paul spoke at the Westin for a rally, but it was the Westin in Seattle instead of Vegas.)

So to begin from the beginning, I couldn't check in to the hotel until 4pm on Sunday, so I left my luggage entrusted to the hotel staff in the lobby and wandered to Panera Bread which ended up being on South Fort Apache.

When I did finally check in, there was a half naked gentleman already occupying my room, and it turns out he had the same last name as me so I guess I can understand the mix up.

I gambled a little the first night playing video poker conveniently setup in the main lobby and I was actually up about twenty dollars by the end of the night.

Ceiling

Oh yeah, I also wandered around The Forums mall that is attached to Caesars Palace... and I snapped the above photo inside The Paris, and the picture turned out a lot better than I thought it would considering I took it from my lightweight low-tech Samsung cell phone with the sub standard 1.3 mega-pixel lens and no flash. Sometimes low-tech works I guess.

Monday will be coming up next....

No comments: