Sunday, October 14, 2007

First Thoughts on Vegas

Well, here I am in Vegas.

I am at a Panera Bread, which cost me a 15 dollar taxi cab ride and 10 minutes in the opposite direction from the main strip.

Why?

Turns out that my room is not ready at my hotel, which I am not surprised about considering I tried to check in at 9am...

So I had to find free wifi to start things up for the conference I am helping with, and to generally waste time until I can check in.

NO Free wifi in the lobby. Ridiculous.

NO pay wifi at all at the Starbucks adjacent to the lobby. Unheard-of.

NO wifi within five miles?

Now that I am logged on and checking out the wifi locations, I see that there allegedly is wifi access at the starbucks about 1 block from the hotel, so I will probably go there tonight. There is also a local chain called "Its A Grind", their website is crap, it looks like it hasn't been updated since 1983, so hopefully they are still in business.

Coffee and delicious free wifi just go together don't they?

Wait, I am in Vegas, I should head to the slots.

Its a grind, where Nancy Botwin from Weeds gets her Java

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: