Sunday, October 14, 2007

Finally in the Room, More Problems - Laughable Ridiculousness

Well, I finally made it to my room.

The kind Westin frontdesk ladies gave me a key to room 628. No problem, I went to 628.... guess what I found there... I barged in on someone already occupying my room.

It turns out he has the same last name, so no big deal there.

NEXT,

I get my real room key on the 10th floor....

I get in the room only to find that I cannot connect to the wifi Internet in my room because my COX cable box needs to be reset or some crap like that.... so I am stuck waiting for 15 minutes after waiting half a day to get a room after flying to Vegas early, arriving at 8am this morning local time....

So the technician checks the TV, pulls the plug out and puts it back in and it works.

I could have done that myself, but I was warned by COX cable on the phone that I would be held accountable for any damages that may occur due to my activity.

I actually laughed at the COX cable guy as I logged onto the internet.

I knew it would make a good blog entry.

So continues my virginal day in Vegas. I think I may head downstairs and play some slots, why not. The hotel credited my room fifty bucks for the whole identity mix up and connectivity debacle... so I might as well waste it wisely.

If you get bored reading my rants, please refer to the interesting archival data over at http://www.constantskeptic.com/ especially the posts about RFID implants, those stories will sober you up real quick daddio.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: